- What do the rooms look like?
To see what each room looks like go to the Rooms & Rates tab and scroll to the bottom, you will find pictures of all the rooms there.
- What time is check in and check out?
Check in time is from 2PM - 10:30PM, if you will be arriving later please call to set up a late check in.
Check out is 11AM. Please note: our front desk hours are from 9AM - 5PM daily.
- Is there an age requirement at San Juan Island Hostel?
Yes, you must be 18 years old to stay in the Dorm rooms.
Children over the age of 13 are allowed in the private rooms with an adult.
- Are linens and towels provided?
Yes, we provide all the linens and a bath towel for your stay but you are welcome to bring your own if you prefer.
- Do you have free parking?
Yes, there is free parking available in the parking lot located in front of the building the hostel is in. We do not recommend parking on the street as it is timed and we don't want you to get a ticket.
- How do I get to the hostel?
Unless you are flying, the Washington State Ferry is the only way to get to San Juan Island. Take the ferry to Friday Harbor and the hostel is just four blocks away from the ferry landing in Friday Harbor.
If you are bringing a vehicle on the ferry, please make sure and make a ferry reservation. You can make a ferry reservation online or by phone at 1-888-808-7977.
- Is there a secure place to store my valuables?
Yes, we have lockers for people sharing a dorm. If you are in a private room, all you have to do is lock your door, your stuff is safe with us.
- Does the Hostel have quiet hours or lock out hours?
Our quiets hours are from 11PM - 7AM. We do not have lock out hours.
- How close is the Hostel to town and to local beaches?
The Hostel is located in the town of Friday Harbor, we are four blocks up from the ferry landing. The nearest beach, Jacksons Beach, is about 1 mile away.
- Want more information about Friday Harbor or tips on places to eat and things to do?
Visit the Friday Harbor website for all the information you need to make your visit here a success.